Friday, June 04, 2010

Sad News from Finland

Let first say I'm sorry that I've been slow with posting. There are only so many hours in the day and the challenge of pastoral ministry in a large congregation with a school has been significant.

So what makes me break my silence? A post on Paul McCain's blog on the sad state of affairs in world Lutheranism. Sometimes it makes it difficult to say that I'm Lutheran. So here it is:


It was depressing watching her, during the ‘campaign’, squirm and prevaricate when asked about the Virgin Birth: “Well, it’s in the Creed and I happily say the Creed in church, but it’s not a doctrine that’s central to me. I’m not really sure what it means.” (My paraphrase) Then again, none of the candidates (2 women and 5 men) was able to recite the Nicene Creed from memory when cold-called by a journalist. Dark times!

No comments: