Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Pentecost Season Devotion, July 15

“For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven
 and do not return there but water the earth,
 making it bring forth and sprout,
 giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
 so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;
 it shall not return to me empty,
 but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,
 and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.
Isaiah 55:10-11

How is your garden?  Are the tomato plants thriving? Are your flowers reaching for the sun?

I love growing tomatoes and mine are very happy. With all the rain we have had this summer they haven’t needed much attention at all. The same thing is true for my lawn.

Isn’t water wonderful? Those who live in the dessert understand how just one spring rain can make the desert burst into bloom. Just add water and it becomes one of the most beautiful places in the world.

God says that His word is like the rain and snow. He sends rain and snow to make the earth green and produce all the plants that we need to support our bodies.  His sends His word into the world to produce Christians.

The Church will never go away.  It will always thrive where God’s word is proclaimed and taught in its truth and purity. The message of salvation through faith in Christ is like a summer shower that makes everything green and lush.

May we always be faithful in the teaching of God’s word for the working of the Holy Spirit in the hearts of people.

Prayer: Thank you, Lord for the quenching my thirsting soul with the sweet water of the Gospel. Grant that I may share the life giving water of your word with people in my life. Amen.




God’s richest blessings in Christ,

Pastor Philip Quardokus



No comments: