Saturday, March 08, 2014

Lenten Devotion - Saturday, March 8

O Lord, you have searched me and known me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. Psalm 139:1-2

We live in a time when words can circle the globe in a matter of moments. Hundreds and thousands of people can know the words we write on Facebook and Twitter. Conversations with distant friends and relatives are possible with smart phones and Skype.

In spite of all our communications devices, no one truly knows our thoughts.  It is sometimes possible to smile and laugh when your heart is breaking. In the most difficult times, you can put a smile on your face and say everything is fine.

Yet with God no hidden thoughts are possible or necessary.  He knows our every thought.  It is the depth of God’s knowledge of our thoughts that makes the truth of God’s forgiveness in Christ so wonderful.  There is no hiding the truth from God.  It is the truth of your sin that moved Christ to go to the cross for you.

Now in Christ, it is a great comfort to understand that your thoughts are known to God.  Your prayers can be elaborate or simple.  They can be spoken in full voice or whispered. They can simply spring from your heart into your mind and God hears and answers.

Prayer: Lord you, you have searched me and have known me. Thank you for the wonderful gift of my beautiful Savior, who knows all my faults and failures and still brings me forgiveness and salvation. Amen.

God’s richest blessings in Christ,
Pastor Philip Quardokus.




No comments: